Software Engineer - AWS API Gateway
- Puteaux, France
Amazon API Gateway is changing the way that companies big and small think about APIs. API Gateway is the front-door of the Serverless revolution, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. API Gateway turns daunting tasks such as traffic management, authentication and authorization, monitoring and API versioning into easily configurable steps. It then helps companies to build their developer eco-systems and turns their data sets and business logic into new revenue streams.
The Seattle-based Amazon API Gateway team is growing rapidly and is looking for talented Software Engineers who can help us create the massively scalable and powerful service. If you are excited about cloud computing and architecting highly available and large-scale services used by millions of users, then join us in making the Serverless revolution ubiquitous.
As a member of the team, you will work with a group of talented, mission-focused colleagues to propose ideas and to design, build, and evolve production AWS systems. You will have the opportunity to talk with customers to understand their needs; you will see them adopt the technology you build; and you will use their feedback to inform future development. Depending on your interests, you may work on a broad range of technical problems or you may focus on full-stack development, back-end distributed systems engineering, space and time optimization, or programming model design and implementation. Regardless of the path you choose, you will grow your skills, solve hard problems, and ship software to customers, learning from and mentoring others along the way.
If you are excited by the prospect of making it easy for developers to build and operate distributed systems, and are intrigued by any of the details above, please reach out - we would love to hear from you. To learn more about API Gateway, visit the Amazon API Gateway page: http://aws.amazon.com/api-gateway
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills
• 5+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Java, Python, or Go
• Experience with Linux
• Experience developing and operating 24x7 production systems
• Experience designing, building, or evolving distributed systems
• Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top