Software Engineer - AWS AI
- Aachen, Germany
We are a motley group of engineers and scientists within AWS and we are here to create history by taking Artificial Intelligence to the next level solutions for our customers. We dream of a world where using customers can scale up their business by using Artificial Intelligence by simple button clicks, rather than writing thousands of lines of code for months. We pride our startup culture and we like our cool atmosphere in office.
The team of Amazon Transcribe is building and launching recognition APIs for AWS in multiple languages. We are looking for great engineers to join us in the fun and breaking the ground on a very tough set of problems. You will get a chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and there are countless opportunities to learn more about , limited only by your appetite. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with applied scientists. We will together be building super large scale distributed speech and text based solutions.
A successful engineer on the team will have strong ownership, bias for action, good communication, ability to dive deep into unseen codebases with ease, experience building independent designs for distributed solutions at scale and operating them in production.
Your responsibility will include:
• Partnering with scientists to build and productionize the models
• Break down complex design problems into simple independent pieces, and review your designs with senior engineers
• Be very hands-on: work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
For more info on Amazon Transcribe you may click here.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar or comparable experience
• PhD or 3+ years of work experience in a product-oriented environment
• Solid programming skills in , , C++ or other high level language
• Experience using Unix/Linux
• Dependable written and oral communication skills (English)
• Experience in professional software development
• Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in computer science, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
• Explicit (industry or academic) experience with large vocabulary recognition
• Explicit (industry or academic) experience with neural networks for machine learning
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Our salaries are negotiable.
Back to top