Software Engineer, Automation - Amazon Go - Boston Metrowest
- Boston, MA
* Note: This job is located in Hudson, MA
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop solutions that require significant innovation for our Amazon Go team, located in Hudson, MA, including the new Amazon Dash Cart and other confidential projects. We are all currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until the end of June.
Amazon Dash Cart is a new smart shopping cart that makes grocery trips quick and safe by allowing shoppers to skip the checkout line. Our team continually looks for ways to seamlessly utilize new technology to improve the shopping experience.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class test techniques and automation within a complex startup-like environment to join our team. You will perform accelerated testing of new product devices to improve performance, to verify firmware functionality and integration, and to build an automated software test suite to enable CI/CD. Use your passion in coding and testing to stress prototypes, suggest design improvements to deliver superior products, and ensure continuous testing of software deliverables. We're looking for an engineer who cares about delivering high quality products and who can dive deep technically to solve complex test problems to verify software and firmware functionality and integration, and drive the right performance, stress, and load testing.
• Influence overall test strategy by helping define system & software test requirements, enabling QA throughout the design and development lifecycle
• Drive test automation to both ensure product quality and traceability using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
• Develop mock services and emulators as needed to enable automated testing
• Develop and analyze performance tests
• Design and develop test automation frameworks and tools
• Work with Hardware, Firmware & Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented with a focus on ensuring automated testability
• Participate in design reviews to drive design for automated testability
• Dive into and take ownership of mission critical puzzles to enable better automated testing
• Define and report on quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product
Note: This position is located in Boston Metrowest (not downtown Boston or Cambridge)
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software, systems, or firmware project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
• Demonstrated experience leading the creation and execution of automation tools and/or frameworks
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
• Software or Systems Automation experience
• Scripting experience such as Python, Shell, Java, C++, etc.
• Good understanding of the Linux kernel and/or drivers
• Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement.
• Experience in consumer electronics
• Programmatic equipment and device under test control using standard software tools.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers to maintain software quality
• Demonstrated expertise in black box, white box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
• Experience in IoT, embedded software systems and AWS
• Experience with performance, load, and stress level testing and tools
• Knowledge of networking protocols and support
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and desire to learn and be challenged
• Uses a strong analytical approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top