Software Engineer - Alexa (Cloud Services)
Intrigued by Alexa? Interested in creating something new? We are building a new product for Alexa - the cloud service that powers Amazon's groundbreaking Echo devices. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains. This is a ground floor opportunity in a new team helping make Alexa an indispensable personal assistant in the home.
As a Software Engineer in the Alexa team, you will architect, design, and implement state of the art voice services. In collaboration with your product and development counterparts you will incorporate customer input into our new service and coordinate software development across multiple teams, ensuring our service and other Amazon services work well together. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver.
You have the right combination of software engineering theory and the practical experience needed to build reliable, scalable, high performance products that customers love to use. We are looking for someone with a real passion for team work, hustle, good communication, creative problem solving, learning, and having fun.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Track record of taking initiative and producing results
- Fast learner who is generous with their knowledge
- Dedicated to providing the best customer experience
- Self-directed, demonstrates leadership potential, and a great teammate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development practices and principles
- Experience with open-source technologies such as: Linux, SQLite, Spring, or Hibernate
- Experience building, scaling and maintaining high volume systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in the end-to-end stack (UI, platforms, databases, distributed systems)
- Excellent debugging and system analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor teammates to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top