This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Interested in building new technology from scratch to solve large technical problems with wide impact? Are you passionate about developing services to maintain and enhance customer's trust of Alexa's devices? If yes, come join the Alexa Privacy team. We are seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer to deliver new and exciting services that empower delightful customer experiences with Alexa. In this role you will have the opportunity to think big, work with a team of talented engineers, and build new features and services from scratch.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and improving the lives of customers through great technology. You have a track record of successfully delivering new and technically challenging products. You are entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are excited about creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products with your sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large scale distributed systems. You have experience collaborating with other talented engineers to bring great ideas to life.
Does this describe you? Apply now and help us make history in Alexa while building out the second headquarters for the most customer-centric company on Earth.
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Masters or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
• 6+ years of experience designing and developing large scale, low latency, web services
• Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.