Software Engineer, Alexa
- Arlington, VA
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Interested in building new technology from scratch to solve large technical problems with wide impact? Are you passionate about developing services to maintain and enhance customer's trust of Alexa's devices? If yes, come join the Alexa Privacy team. We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to help build out new software and tooling to deliver features that will impact all of Alexa.
We are looking for a strong technical leader with excellent technical leadership skills who is comfortable dealing with ambiguous problems and excited to help build a new team to execute a strategic vision for how Alexa continues to build the future while helping ally customer concerns on Privacy.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work with product managers and business stakeholders to define, design, develop, and deploy a set of technical solutions. You should be comfortable developing technical roadmaps, disambiguating technical and business requirements, and growing and managing engineers around you to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
Does this describe you? Apply now and help us make history in Alexa while building out the second headquarters for the most customer-centric company on Earth.
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed system
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
• Masters or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field
• 6+ years of experience designing and developing large scale, low latency, web services
• Experience communicating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Experience working with modern cloud tools / services such as AWS
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top