- Windhof, Luxembourg
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible.
Are you looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers? Do you want to be in the forefront of engineering big data solutions that takes planning models to the next generation? This might be the role for you!
We are looking for Software Development Engineer (m/w/d) in Luxembourg to be part of our AMZL supply chain team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data.
Key responsibilities but not limited to would be:
• Understand deeply various planning processes in AMZL for volume, labor and drivers and build a standardized process guideline.
• Participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions and bring relevant inputs.
• Develop the overall software solution and get nod from business stakeholder.
• Review code written by fellow software developers and provide good quality comments.
• Demonstrate the software to the stakeholders and collect the feedback for improvisation.
• In the event of a problem troubleshoot, research the root cause of problems, and thoroughly resolve defects.
• A Bachelor degree or above in computer science, engineering or related field is required.
• 2+ years of programming experience in Java/Ruby/Python/C++, or other object-oriented languages.
• Strong computer science and software development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Ability to think on the feet for the right solutions for the problems at hand.
• An unwavering desire to learn new technologies and ability to use them whenever required.
• Strong quantitative aptitude and reasoning skills.
• Real-time analytical systems and machine learning enthusiast.
• Constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
• An inclination towards building software apps with responsive user interface and seemless user experience.
• Up to date knowledge on the new technologies and programming concepts.
• Visionary leader, builder and operator.
Back to top