Come join a team of talented engineers at Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is a unique opportunity to contribute in building full-stack microservices based advanced learning solutions from the ground up using serverless technologies.
We are looking for highly motivated software development engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us reach our goals. Talk to us to learn more about the full spectrum of applications and technologies we are working on!
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Design, develop, and maintain full-stack internet-scale web applications on AWS; heavy focus on RESTful APIs, infrastructure and test automation.
• Integrate our systems with core Amazon services for e-commerce, identity, and security, leveraging existing technologies.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation.
• Collaborate on our technology roadmap, turn visions into reality.
• Demonstrate extraordinary people skills.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or Python
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.