- Seattle, WA
Are you looking for an intimate, fast-paced, early stage AWS team to apply your deep analytical and engineering skills to? Come join us building Amazon Chime! (https://chime.aws/) Amazon Chime is our solution to Unified Communications. Launched in 2017, we are built on top of the AWS cloud using AWS toolsets. We are specifically looking for leaders who are interested in improving our customer browser experience by building out our web based technologies.
At Amazon Chime, we believe in using AWS's scale, reliability, flexibility and ease of use to deliver early versions of this exciting software quickly and iteratively, to get customer feedback, and use the feedback to make data driven and agile decisions. We rely on software engineers leveraging their own expertise and perspectives to drive quality into our product.
This specific position is on the Chime Developer Platform team that will build APIs and SDKs to deliver Real Time Collaboration as an easy-to-use AWS service with the pay-for-what-you-use model. This team will enable AWS customers to build collaboration features like audio, video and chat into their existing applications and services. Starting from a simple and familiar on-boarding experience they are used to with AWS services with documentation and samples; building up to solving complex workflows for customers with Bots interactions. The team will also build sticky differentiators for the service leveraging other AWS services like WorkDocs, Alexa, Comprehend, Recognition, etc.
We are looking for full stack Software Engineers with the passion to deliver end-to-end experience be it creating API surface area on Chime services or building cross platform browser and mobile SDKs. Key areas include: enabling rapid client and service development, finding innovative ways to scale and increase performance, inventing tools for continuous integration and automated testing, and building critical new features, while supporting existing Amazon technologies.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS or Masters in Computer Science & 5+ years of experience
• Demonstrated experience developing end user application on Windows
• Demonstrated experience with software testing methods, such as functional testing, stress testing, performance testing, and failure injection.
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life
• Experience work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Comfortable with writing line one of a service as well as maintaining line 50,000.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry.Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
• Java and full-stack development experience
• Familiarity with AWS services like S3, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, Lambda, EC2, and API Gateway.
• Familiarity with SIP, RTP, and other VoIP Concepts
• Familiarity with open source SIP/PSTN stacks
Back to top