Are you interested in working on products solving cutting edge problems that are disrupting the cloud-computing industry? Does solving hard technical challenges at scale appeal to you? Do you like working on products that are providing real value to AWS customers? If so, please join us in Amazon EC2's Fleet Lifecycle Management team!
The EC2 Fleet Lifecycle Management team builds software systems to orchestrate efficient customer workload movement throughout AWS. Any interruptions in the physical fabric of the Cloud results in a coordinated dance of identify, isolate, move, remediate, and re-introduce coordinated by Fleet Lifecycle Management systems. This is a great opportunity to join a team building control systems for the largest cloud provider in the world. If you're interested in true cloud-scale problems, solving multi-constraint puzzles, and contributing to great customer experience, we're looking for you!
As a member of the Fleet Lifecycle Management team, your responsibilities will include:
• Taking ownership of problems, designing and developing highly reliable and scalable distributed systems
• Taking technical ownership of products, contributing to product capabilities and knowledgebase to enable and sustain rapid product delivery at scale; you are be able to work with minimum technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
• Working with your team members to manage product iterations and day-to-day development activities, be a mentor for other engineers, and participate in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and full delivery of product releases
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Masters or further education or similar experience in any related computer science or engineering field.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Experience in delivering large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with Agile, OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software0 product features, and technical designs.
• Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• 3+ years of hands on software development in any of these languages: Java/Ruby/C/C++/C#/Scala/Python, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
• Strong knowledge of OO methodology and design patterns.
• Experience working on at least any two areas: large-scale distributed application development, machine learning, Unix/Linux environments, and deep-dive root-cause problem analysis.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us