- Seattle, WA
This is a Software Developer role at Amazon Pharmacy.
Amazon Pharmacy is a full service online pharmacy that sorts medication by the dose and provides convenient multi-dose packets, vials, and bulk medications to a patient's door. We believe in the best possible pharmacy experience for our customers. Our custom software powers our many clinical and operations specialists who work on our customers' behalf every day.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be at the intersection of the physical and digital world. You will be solving interesting and complex problems at every layer of the stack, and you will be helping to make a real difference for our end consumers. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, clinical / distribution, and customer care teams.
You will be expected to deliver testable, maintainable code to support our many ongoing initiatives. Additionally, you will be responsible for participating in design discussions, code review, and communicating with stakeholders.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2 years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, complexity analysis, algorithm design, and problem solving
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Ruby, Python, or Java
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top