Software Devlopment Engineer II - SignIn Team
- Portland, OR
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with millions of active customers in 190 countries around the world. We maintain a rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own startup inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers' satisfaction, service innovations, ambitious growth, and meeting revenue goals.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity platform provides the bedrock for secure and continuous access to all AWS services. By quickly connecting millions of users, across the world we empower organizations and enterprises to accelerate their cloud and digital transformation.
Engineers within AWS Identity need to be creative, responsible, and curious while working with others to move quickly in turning code into customer solutions. You're excited about rolling up your sleeves, implementing ideas, and learning from those around you. You relish the opportunity to dig into challenging operational issues, fix them permanently while taking the learning back as you design the next iteration.
This specific position within AWS SignIn team represents an opportunity to design and build solutions that allow both customers and enterprises to interact with AWS consoles and services seamlessly. We support all the modern identity standards and push the boundaries to create new ones. The team works across the full stack from Angular based front ends to java based microservices supplanted by python & ruby based tools for infrastructure builds. If you are even slightly interested in learning how to scale as business grow and want to have direct customer impact , drop us a note.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Proficiency in a modern programming language such as C#, Java, or Python
• Understanding of operating system fundamentals
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Familiarity with data management techniques including batch processing (similar to MapReduce) and workloads like streaming, and interactive queries.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top