Amazon Kinesis Analytics enables real-time processing of high-volume streaming data in the cloud. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic and able to work effectively with a diverse team and someone who will help us continue to build a inclusive team culture.
Today, real-time processing from data streams still needs substantial investments from customers in writing their stream processing applications and maintaining the necessary infrastructure. As a member of the team you will be working towards the vision of making the service easy to use AWS service, robust and cost-effective for customers to run their stream processing applications. You will be part of a journey from feature inception, iterating on customer feedback, and continuous customer delivery. You will also have the opportunity to be a part of the team developing large scale stream processing services like Apache Flink and Apache Kafka running on Elastic Kubernetes service container orchestration platforms. This is a strategic bet for Kinesis organization in making Stream processing mainstream and you will be forefront in this effort.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us