Software Devlopment Engineer - Amazon Kinesis Analytics (New Initiative)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Kinesis enables real-time processing of high-volume streaming data in the cloud. We are starting a new initiative to drive the next wave of innovation in stream data processing.
Real-time data processing from a stream still needs substantial investments from customers in writing the application and maintaining the necessary infrastructure. The new initiative provides customers with a managed solution providing building blocks/abstractions such as processing windows, execution semantics, checkpoints and infrastructure capabilities such as elasticity, failover etc. so that all that customers need to do is provide the application code that needs to be run containing the business logic to process the stream.
As a founding engineer of this team, you will be part of the journey from product inception, iteration using customer feedback, and continuous customer delivery. You will be working along with other engineers for coming up with design options, implementing solutions and delivering these solutions to production.
This is a strategic bet for Kinesis organization in making the "Stream processing" mainstream and you will be forefront in this initiative.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Experience working with Java or C/C++
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top