Software Development Manager with Amazon AWS
- Vancouver, Canada
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable DNS-based naming and routing service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we are expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services. Route 53 Console team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive software manager. The team is in charge of web based user experiences for all Route53 sub-services. A candidate for this role must thrive in a fast-paced environment, seek to deeply understand the problem space, work cross teams effectively and will help us help the business innovate quickly at scale. You should be a strong leader who is technically deep, can communicate clearly, and has the ability to build a strong team that deliver results. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality customer experience.
• Direct management of the software engineering team
• Strategic planning and execution to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee
• Acting as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration lifecycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations
As a trusted leader you will:
• Work with product managers to refine customer requirements
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
• Set clear and measurable goals for the team and team members
• Mentor and promote your team members
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer science or related discipline (or) at least 5 years equivalent work experience
• 4+ years experience managing software development teams
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• Experience attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or at least 5 years equivalent work experience
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
• Experience building and operating large-scale distributed software systems and highly available services
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Back to top