Software Development Manager – Wifi
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager - Wifi, you will provide leadership and management for a development team to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of networking and wireless connectivity, as well as demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of engineers to design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products;
- Drive a cross-functional teams to optimize of Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
- Translate business requirements into technical specification and engage with vendors to deliver top-of-the-class connectivity system solutions;
- Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team;
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management;
- Deal with critical customer issues and escalations;
- 7+ years of software development experience in design and deliver embedded systems
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Hands-on experience with IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols and system designs;
- Experience with TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
- Hands-on experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
- Hands-on experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
- Experience with Bluetooth protocols and Wifi/Bluetooth Coexistence
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top