Software Development Manager, Streaming
- Bethlehem, PA
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Manager to lead the development of Prime Video's Live Low latency Video stack (Sye). You will manage a team that works with the core competent of the solution: the Sye Streaming Protocol. The protocol is developed in C++ and has high demands on functionality, performance, robustness, compatibility and maintainability.
We operate at Amazon scale where you will lead your team to design and deploy software that is enjoyed by millions of customers globally. You are passionate about leading and building software engineering teams. You are equally obsessed about delivering the best possible customer experiences. You define and drive key performance and quality metrics for the organization. You communicate effectively with engineers, partners, leaders and a broad set of stakeholders.
• Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience leading a group of software engineers in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A proven track record of software delivery through all phases of development and developing long-term development and business technology strategies
• Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategies
• Experience in development of transport protocols over IP
• Experience in video streaming
• Experience in Linux
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
Back to top