Over 150 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items".
The Prime Journeys team, under the Prime organization is working in a start-up mode to launch new customer facing innovation solutions. This include multi-version, multi-format customer facing solutions and impacting millions of customers. This is a unique opportunity to work in a start up like mode in Amazon.
In this role, you will lead a dedicated team of software engineers in building software that support hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. If you have experience leading a team in building and supporting applications at scale or are passionate about the space and would like to learn with us, we want to hear from you
Key responsibilities of this role:
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers
• Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
• Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
• Help develop long-term technology strategies.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Passion for people management and mentoring
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience managing large-scale customer-facing software systems
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• 5+ years of experience managing people and/or technical programs
• 7+ years of experience as a software developer
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Working knowledge of highly-scaled distributed systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Experience with high throughput cloud systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development life cycle, and a track record of shipping software on time