Software Development Manager, Speech
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Development experience on multiple Platforms (J2ME, BREW, Cocoa, Symbian, Google Android, iOS, Series 60, Series 40, Windows Mobile, PalmOS, IE, Safari, FireFox) and mobile devices (Apple iPhone, RIM Blackberry, Windows Phone, Android phones and tablets.)
- Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top