Software Development Manager - Smart Station
- Bellevue, WA
Are you excited about solving complex everyday problems through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the IoT (Internet of Things) to transform and disrupt an entire industry?
If this sounds intriguing, come and lead the Smart Station team to help transform the delivery experience for customers with unprecedented quality, efficiency and scale. Each time an Amazon package is delivered, technology our technology is at work making that happen. Today, our solutions support Amazon global business initiatives including Amazon Logistics, Amazon Flex, Amazon Lockers, etc., and its scope is expanding every day.
We are seeking a motivated and talented leader who is passionate about technological and business innovation. You will lead and grow a talented team of engineers who develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies from IoT, wireless, machine learning, and cloud computing into pragmatic solutions for package transportation, logistics, and delivery. Our team covers a broad swath of software development that spans device BSP, firmware, device drivers, embedded software, real-time systems, wireless/wired networking, smart phone app development, distributed backend systems, and web services.
As a Software Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape the next generation delivery technology, work process and customer/driver experience. You will build, grow and lead a software development organization for large scale IoT solutions and deployments for transportation, logistics, and delivery. Your team will drive the application of embedded and mobile software for mobile devices, sensor networks, and controllers that operate material handling equipment (MHE) and own the generation of business insights from these applications.
You are expected to articulate and champion the product, vision, and development timeline in a cross-organization, cross-functional, and cross-geo environment with senior executives, as well as design, R&D, product management, operations, and finance teams. You will leverage your knowledge, experience, and network to solve customer pain points and build a world-class team.
An ideal candidate should demonstrate strong engineering management acumen and posses in-depth knowledge of mobile development, IoT applications, networking, embedded software, and cloud technologies. The candidate must be able to thrive in a high ambiguity environment, dive deep into technical and business issues, and make decisions with long-term impacts with limited information. Maturity, judgment, and the ability to earn trust are essential in this role.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of development experience in industrial and consumer products
• Experience in managing the entire life cycle of products
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• First-hand management or development experience in Internet-of-Things, mobile/embedded device, sensor and sensing technologies and solutions
• Proven ability to hire and develop high performance teams
• Experience with leading the development of cutting edge technologies
• Interest and curiosity to work with design team to uncover customer needs and aspiration
• Experience in rapid prototyping and other fast iteration methods to ensure product delivers exceptional customer experience
• Experienced in driving alignment across the business, engineering, and operational teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top