Software Development Manager (SDM III)- EC2 Placement
- Frankfurt, Germany
Lead the EC2 Placement team that owns the high-scale distributed systems that optimize how EC2 schedules workloads when you call aws ec2 run-instances. Amazon EC2 provides on-demand scalable compute capacity, and powers some of the largest web services in the world. You will collaborate with a top-tier community to build systems to improve how customers worldwide are able to move and operate their workloads to the cloud.
The successful Software Development Manager will have strong technical leadership experience and a proven track-record in managing teams to deliver results. You have a strong software engineering background, with a passion for working with large-scale distributed systems. Preferably, you have experience and interest in machine learning and optimization, and the bias for action to get the right things done. You engage with customers to understand their needs, show excellent judgement in establishing priorities, and can successfully manage implementation in an agile environment. We move fast and work closely together on small teams to solve big problems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years' professional software development experience
• 3+ years' experience managing engineering teams
• Demonstrated ability to understand an ambiguous problem domain and deliver robust and maintainable solutions to customers
• Proven ability to hire and grow a team of high-performing engineers
• Proven ability to maintain high quality and operational excellence
• Experience leading and working in an agile development environment
• Strong customer focus, written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities
• 5+ years' professional software development experience, with demonstrated results building and managing large volume and high throughput distributed systems in large-scale distributed Linux environments
• 5+ years' technical leadership experience with increasing scope of responsibility
• Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud provider
• Experience with machine learning in a production environment
Back to top