Managing trillions of objects in storage, retrieving them in sub-x ms, building software that deploys to tens of thousands of hosts, achieving 99.999999999% (you didn't read that wrong, that's 11 nines!) durability. These are just a few of the numbers that give you a sense of the scale of the exciting problems you will find every day working in Simple Storage Service (S3). Amazon S3 powers businesses across the globe that make the lives of consumers better daily. Whether its electronic content delivered to your home, technology that betters your remote working experience, allows you to plan travel to exotic places or simply get stuff delivered to your home. As a Software Development Manager (SDM) in S3, you get to deliver these capabilities and delight our customers through teams of talented engineers and leaders.
We're seeking a senior engineering leader to build solutions to accelerate region builds, technology transformations, and feature deployments. This SDM role reports into the S3 Agility organization supporting our efforts to grow S3 at an incredibly fast pace. Customer usage of S3 continues to grow exponentially, and we are constantly expanding our global footprint with new AWS regions. How can you tell if that's you? You LOVE automating, difficult problems, and distributed systems. You're always on the hunt to automate in any given system, and you find simple, systemic changes to improve things permanently. You're great at building and leading teams of software engineers and systems engineers, and you collaborate extremely well with other teams, too. You inspire others to tackle super-difficult problems. Finally, you hunger to give customers what they want: highly performant, low-cost, always-on storage.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to:
• Own some of S3's key agility goals and design and lead new ones
• Drive the roadmap for your area
• Collaborate with other engineering leaders to find solutions to brain-contorting problems
• Develop the careers of your people, actively mentoring them
• Lead our engineers in enhancing how we build S3.
• Push the boundaries of distributed systems
• Find new ways to improve the automation of the S3 operating platform, ranging from hardware qualification through software-driven process improvement/automation and visibility.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
In AWS, if you build it, you own it. S3 is a highly available 7x24 worldwide service requiring dedicated support from our engineering teams. We pride ourselves on a high level of ownership in the work we do. This means we hold a high bar for test automation, verification processes, design and code reviews to ensure that our systems meet the exacting standards our customers demand. We maintain a regular on-call rotation across our teams with engineers and managers all taking part to resolve the inevitable issues that arise. We work hard to minimize getting paged in the middle of the night as we recognize that a well-rested employee is a productive employee.
Upon joining S3, every employee is paired with a peer buddy who will help you to quickly come up to speed in understanding the technology we're building, the tools we use and the business problems we're trying to solve. We hire exceptional people and we recognize the importance of coaching others. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, and job level. On our internal "Broadcast" video streaming website, you'll find countless presentations by some of the brightest minds in computing discussing solutions to many of the exciting problems we're solving in AWS today with new live-streaming videos added every week.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network (BEN), Amazon Women in Engineering (AWE) and Glamazon (our LGBTQ+ community).
• 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience, including leading software engineering teams.
• 3+ years of experience as a software engineering manager for a major product, product line, or Internet service.
• Repeated success leading significant software or systems projects from inception through launch, including communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical designs.
• Demonstrated expertise in system-level design, and experience with web services and service oriented architectures.
• Strong performance engineering and configuration management background.
• Experience leading development life-cycle processes and best practices.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with distributed systems at scale
• Experience with optimization and scheduling systems
• Experience with statistical analysis
• Experience with Agile engineering practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.