Software Development Manager, Routing Inputs Prediction
The Routing Inputs Prediction team in Last Mile is re-inventing the way we deliver packages to our customers, using new technologies and methods to solve complex operational challenges. To achieve that vision, we need a proven technical leader with an established background in building and driving roadmaps for software teams, developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This role will allow you to influence the future of Amazon's last mile transportation efforts, with the opportunity to make a difference on highly visible projects. Your software products will influence the course of every package delivered by our last mile network and drive the experience of drivers, operators and end customers.
This role will allow you to work on complex challenges, using your quantitative abilities to identify opportunities, and play a key role in developing solutions. You will work at the intersection of operational processes and technology, and will need a strong understanding of both to be effective. You will be expected to dive deep into operational data, using quantitative methods and on-site observations to evaluate the current state of our operations, and your analysis will be critical in shaping our future technology and processes. You will work with research scientists and product managers to develop roadmaps and implement solutions, and will regularly interact with senior management to discuss your findings, proposals and progress. You will work in a fast paced and fast growing environment, where ideas are prototyped, tested, and implemented in short cycles, so you will see your inventions come to life.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- Established skill designing and developing complex systems
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 5 years experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architecture and design experience
- Strong track record of building and leading world-class software and operations teams, and delivering compelling customer experiences
- Ability to deep dive with an analytical and metrics-driven mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal outside direction, while constantly advancing long term goal
- Experience in bringing machine learning prediction systems to production including ongoing operations and tuning
- Experience in handling large data sets in both local team analysis and collaboration with research teams
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top