Software Development Manager - Product Assurance, Risk & Security
- Arlington, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company
What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) team builds the solutions responsible for ensuring the safety of our customers while also ensuring regulatory compliance. We are constantly innovating in the ways in which we can automate and accelerate safety and compliance processes and procedures, using state of the art technologies. Speed is of the essence when it comes to keeping our customers away from illegal, dangerous and recalled products. We use Large Scale Distributed Processing, OO technologies, Big Data, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Risk Modeling to solve some of the most complex problems to protect and delight our customers. If you love solving complex problems and owning systems that work at a large scale, while nurturing and growing a team of some of the smartest and hardworking engineers, this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a highly talented Software Development Manager to help build fast, scalable, robust systems to crystalize and execute this vision. The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on technical manager who understands and sets a high bar for all phases of the software development life-cycle, while hiring, coaching, developing and growing a team of engineers.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ years professional experience in managing software development teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in startups and/or fast paced environments
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
• Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and maintaining operational efficiency
• Ability to take projects from conception to launch
• Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
• Background in full-stack development, distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-scale systems.
• Experience working with machine learning and artificial intelligence
• Knowledge of Python
Back to top