Do you want to take a leading role in shaping the future of digital video search? Do you want to define the next generation of search engine that allows Amazon customers to discover our great contents (including our amazing originals) seamlessly? If so, we, Prime Video Search, are responsible for developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilize rich metadata sets, and consistently display relevant search results to millions of Prime Video customers across all Prime Video surfaces (e.g. iOS, Android, PS4, TV Apps, Retail Web). We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape new ways for search to reach their audiences. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to expand our space and enhance the search experience.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to grow and develop a team of passionate engineers in building the next generation natural language processing model and search platform for Prime Video. This team is responsible for defining, designing, and building the systems that enhance the search experience to ease the discovery of our content for our worldwide audiences (200+ countries!).
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels. You will be the core driver of search from engineering standpoint and will be coordinating cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You evaluate research and write documents for executive audiences. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
What you'll do:
• Manage and grow a team of software engineers and you will direct their projects, performance, and career growth.
• Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• Work with Product and Engineers to determine scope and estimate development effort
• Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
• Have fun and make history!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Math, Statistics or related field
• Experience leading software engineering teams with 7+ people
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, along with ability to explain complex technical concepts and analysis implications clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Masters or PhD in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Strong business and technical vision
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience with high volume, low-latency architectures
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.