Software Development Manager - Prime Video Recommendations
- Herndon, VA
Just finished "The Boys" and "Coming 2 America" and want to watch more of the same? Looking for a movie that's like The Big Sick? So are millions of our Prime Video customers. The Prime Video Relevance team suggests videos that are relevant and tailored to our customers' schedules and environments. We help our customers find content they didn't even known they were looking for, continuing to surprise them with the depth of our catalog
Our teams are already either exploring or leveraging: residual networks for surfacing more of our catalog, auto encoders and clustering to identify niche content carousels, attention networks to better understand what customers are currently into, reinforcement learning to optimize for the long term, graph convolution networks to understand the complex interaction of our customers with the videos they enjoy (or don't), and transfer learning to optimize to different customer objectives. Not only will you be exposed to the cutting edge of machine learning research, you'll collaborate with a talented team of engineers and scientists to create services to run these predictions on distributed systems at incredible scale and speed. As a member of the Prime Video Relevance team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building and guiding software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. At the end of the day, you will have the reward of seeing your contributions delight Prime Video customers worldwide
Some examples of the things we work on:
• Using Neural Networks and Deep Learning techniques to find titles that customers will enjoy
• Build and operate services that deliver millions of recommendations per second
• Extend models and algorithms to support our ever growing ways of consuming content (subscriptions, live, rentals etc), dealing with unique challenges such as observational bias and rapidly scaling dimensions
• Constantly experimenting with changes to the underlying algorithms and models to deliver relevant content to a wide variety of customer experiences.
• If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with critical, 24x7 systems.
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers.
• Strong system design and architecture experience.
• A track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top