Software Development Manager (Prime Video Live Monitoring)
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. The Live Monitoring team is a new team who's mission is to build and deliver scalable systems that would enable Prime Video to monitor live video A/V quality and identify and flag key customer facing issues.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to grow and develop a team of passionate engineers to build and and deliver the Live Monitoring Platform. As an SDM, you will get to work on a lot of established as well as green field AWS technologies and design large scale backend systems from scratch. You will also be exposed to industry leading encoding technologies such as 4K/HDR/Atmos and gain a deep understanding of Prime Video's Live workflows.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact both the customer and partner experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know, and influence industry and industry standards. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
What you'll do:
• Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including their projects, performance, and career growth
• Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• Work with peer managers to determine scope and estimate development effort
• Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
• Influence and adopt industry standards
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree
• Experience and knowledge of media container and codec formats, streaming protocols, encoding tools is a plus.
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top