Software Development Manager- Prime Video Live Events
- Essen, Germany
We are the Prime Video Live Events team, and we're looking for leaders to help revolutionize the way our customers search for, discover, and enjoy live events from sport, to music, to whatever you can imagine.
The Prime Video organization is focused on delivering the world's best digital video experience. Prime Video provides an entertainment destination unlike any other-fast, reliable, personal, effortless, and delightful. We're known for our extensive offering of award-winning original content, exclusive subscription TV shows and movies, and Earth's largest collection of titles available to rent or buy. In September 2018 we launched our first full-scale live streaming experience to all of our world-wide Prime customers with NFL Thursday Night Football. That's just the start. We are expanding not just the breadth of live content we offer, but the depth of the experience. This is a transformative opportunity, the chance to be at the vanguard of a program that will revolutionize Prime Video, and the live streaming experience of customers everywhere.
Prime Video is still in its early growth. We're big enough to move the needle, and yet small enough to have a thriving start-up feel. Our leaders are great teachers, our engineers are world-class, and our products are fun. Glory and career opportunities abound for the ambitious manager.
By joining Live Events you will own the delivery of critical systems, from concept to development and into service and beyond. You will be responsible for the accurate creation and management of thousands of live streaming events world-wide. You will partner with product managers and designers to shape the customer experience. You will work with your team to develop system architectures and plans to realize those same experiences against challenging time lines. You will help your team to focus on quality and defect-free operations. You will celebrate your teams' successes more than your own, seek out and hire new talent, and develop careers. Your personality and style will create a fun, inclusive and energizing work environment. Finally, you should expect to continuously grow your own skills, and business acumen for digital video and live event streaming.
If you think you've got the right stuff to thrive in one of Amazon's most exciting teams, reach out and we'll tell you more.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• At least 4 years of experience managing software teams building distributed systems utilizing Agile methodologies.
• Experience hiring and developing high-performance engineering teams.
• Experience in full stack technology, from front-end web development environments to back-end systems
• Experience in shipping multiple generations of the same product, and learning from each major release.
• Experience with operational excellence, using metrics and tools to analyze software performance, and deliver the highest standards of customer experience.
• Working knowledge on live video streaming technology is desired but not essential.
• Experience writing software as an individual contributor.
• Knowledge of AWS technologies is desired but not essential.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top