Software Development Manager - Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smartphones, and smart TVs. We operate in the US, Japan, UK, Germany, and hundreds of other countries, and we aspire to grow - a lot.
Have you ever wondering how your favorite TV Show, Movie, or even live sporting event makes its way on to your television, phone, or computer? Why not pull back the curtain and not only see how it happens but also become a part of the process. If you join our team within Amazon Prime Video you will be building the tooling that gives visibility to every stage of this process. Our team is called Operator Pipeline Tracking and Intelligent Command or Optic for short. We build the internal websites and backend tooling that allows Amazon to see the status of thousands of titles from the moment they arrive, right up until it they are ready to be seen by millions of customers. We are working on exciting projects that range from the web tooling that allows our operators to action the catalog to intelligent automation of the publishing process. Working on our team will enable you to see how every part of the catalog works from the first time the latest blockbuster movie touches our catalog to making sure that it is available in countries around the world.
If so, we are looking for talented software development managers who can contribute to our world-class engineering culture. At Amazon, every manager has the opportunity to impact millions of customers positively, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. We don't just build great software at Amazon, we also build an excellent environment for engineers. This is the place to grow your career with Prime Video wide design initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org meetings, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at reading code and writing documents for an executive audience. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
What you'll do:
• Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including their projects, performance, and career growth
• Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
• Work with peer managers to determine scope and estimate development effort
• Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
• Influence and adopt industry standards
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience with high volume, low-latency architectures
• Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top