We are seeking a driven technology leader to own the Prime Delivery Experience worldwide. Prime Delivery is the highest profile and most important benefit for Prime customers shopping on Amazon retail website. It is an incredibly innovative space since customers deeply care about the experience (e.g. speed, convenience, price) of how we deliver packages to them. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to literally change the world by delighting millions of customers.
This technology leader will be responsible for building the next generation shopping experience and systems in order to provide a world-class Prime Delivery experience. You will be owning set of technologies (full-stack) leveraging AWS and common industry standards. You will be leading a talented cross-functional tech organization including software engineers, technical program managers and QA. You will develop highly scalable, low latency, intelligent software that will have a massive impact for customers.
You should come to work with us because:
• You will be impacting millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
• You will define technical strategy and roadmap for the team.
• You will work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• You will participate in hiring, mentoring, and developing a best-in-class software engineering team.
• You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
• We care about both delighting customers and high quality software. We don't sacrifice one for the other.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere. We move fast and take calculated risks.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in direct people management of software engineers
• 6+ years of experienced with building and managing highly scalable and low latency software systems.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong software design skills.
• A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
• Excellent communications skills.
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
• Passion for driving great, simple, clean, efficient code
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.