Software Development Manager, Payment Acceptance & Experience
Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables one of the most profitable businesses at Amazon.com? Would you like to manage a development team of high performers that uses diverse technologies? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like to talk to you about this Software Development Manager position with Payments Acceptance & Experience (PAE) team within the Amazon Consumer Payments (CP) organization.
We are looking for a creative Software Development Manager with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to lead innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
This is a chance to work on large-scale distributed systems and create services with direct impact on millions of customers. You will coordinate the establishment and execution of long-term architectural roadmaps for a very technical and scalable area. You will drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform.
You will run an Agile team of strong technical engineers, and have multiple stakeholders across Amazon and externally. You will also drive strategic planning, project execution, development of engineering talent, and continue to operate and improve what is already a stable and high performing platform.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
- 2+ years experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent.
- MS or PhD in computer science or equivalent preferred
- Experience managing projects and teams in an Agile environment.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with front end technologies and UX beneficial
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top