Software Development Manager - Optimal Sourcing
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's Import Planning team is looking for a seasoned software development manager to lead development of our global inventory planning and optimization systems. As part of Amazon's Sourcing technology group, the Import Planning team designs and builds systems to plan and optimize Amazon's global supplier network, and manage the acquisition and distribution of globally sourced goods. Our software is used by every country Amazon services, and is a critical link to ensuring that the products our customers want are available when they need them, and in helping us reduce costs for both Amazon and our vendor partners.
We're looking for a strong software development leader who loves building teams and cloud-scale systems from the ground up, and who wants to help shape the roadmap for Amazon's excellent supply chain management systems. As one of the senior leader on our team, you'll work closely with our engineering staff, scientists, and our executive team to design and execute your team's product roadmap to support Amazon's rapidly expanding retail portfolio.
You will also lead efforts to improve your team's performance and stability, drive recruiting efforts, develop existing talent, and help foster Amazon's developer-oriented culture. Successful candidate will have an established track record of delivering complex distributed software systems, keen technical aptitude, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be dedicated to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of software development experience, as a developer or manager
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager (with direct authority over development staff)
• Strong OO design, data structure, and algorithm design skills
• Fluency in at least 1 modern programming language (Java, C#,C++ , etc)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with NoSQL database design
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline
• 2+ years of experience as a technical lead or project manager for a large development initiative
• Experience developing applications leveraging utility computing ("cloud") infrastructure
• Familiarity with supply chain fundamentals (ERP, procurement, etc.)
• Experience developing systems using AWS Technologies such as DynamoDB, SQS, SWF.
Back to top