Software Development Manager - OpsTechIT DDI
- Nashville, TN
OpsTechIT DDI team is looking for a Software Development Manager who can lead a team of engineers to build solutions using AWS products that support Company's Fulfillment network worldwide with networking related services, including DHCP, DNS, and IP Address Management (DDI). The number of devices at Amazon's fulfillment is always growing and the services supporting these devices need to scale with the business. Can you lead teams of engineers to build software and automation to scale to hundreds of thousands of clients and manage an evolving list of use cases? Do you enjoy leading teams to build distributed services with high transaction volume while maintaining high availability? If so, the Foundational Services team may be right for you.
As the manager of the OpsTechIT DDI team, you will lead a team of Systems and Software Development Engineers to build highly available services that support device connectivity. You will drive the team to build for the long term, but build incrementally to provide progressive gains. You will anticipate the business needs and create flexible services that can satisfy the known requirements today, but also future requirements not yet invented. Your leadership and guidance will ensure high standards and you will be ultimately responsible for the quality of services your team creates. The scope of DHCP, DNS, and IP Address Management is vast and offers the opportunity for you to set strategy and the personnel to see that strategy to fruition.
As a Software Development Manager you will:
• Lead a team of experienced System and Software Development Engineers.
• Use software development methodologies to guide the team's workload and communicate to stakeholders.
• Meet with stakeholders regularly to ensure your solutions are meeting the needs of the business.
• Participate in strategic planning, brainstorm improvements, and work to uphold the quality bar across the organization.
• Work closely with the Network Development and Information Security teams.
• 3+ years of experience in leading software and systems development teams in a DevOps culture.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• High-level understanding and experience of cloud technologies.
• Experience working with Linux / Unix
• Experience in an interpreted language like Python and TypeScript
• Proven ability to quickly learn and adapt to new concepts.
• Proven hands-on experience of working with AWS products to deliver software systems
• Experience or knowledge of large-scale datacenter networking concepts: routing protocols, high availability, and design
• Knowledge of development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top