Software Development Manager, Network Security
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team will make the bones of the platform "the network", work flawlessly. Not only supporting Amazon.com at the global level, but amazing global companies.
Amazon Network Security is looking for a leader to run a team which owns a platform managing thousands of network devices; providing significantly improved control, visibility and predictability for Amazon's global network. Our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering, network build and device management by building tools and systems to successfully manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world.
You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for automation software used across all of Amazon's businesses. You are interested in solving difficult software problems at massive scale. You want to talk to customers directly and design solutions that solve their problems through innovation and automation. You understand how to build software in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment. You are interested in working autonomously and owning your own code from requirements to launch and for supporting it in the field. You enjoy solving challenging problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative team environment.
• Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
• Familiarity with the use of SAT, SMT, BDDs, and various concepts from theorem proving, formal verification and constraint solving
• Proven skills designing and developing simple solutions to complex, customer challenges.
• 5+ years' experience developing software
• 3+ years' experience managing software development teams
• Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, CI/CD, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Proven track record building high-functioning software development teams
• Proven track record operating internet-scale low-latency services and client components
• Experience with mission-critical service-oriented software systems
• Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols
• Familiarity with security compliance and controls
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top