Software Development Manager, Multi Device Experience
- Liverpool, Australia
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. We are situated at the center of all Alexa customer experiences. As more and more customers are multi-device households, we have exciting roadmap and opportunities for extending our middleware to seamless multi-device experiences. This role has direct impact on how Alexa Skills, Device developers interact with Alexa.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to extend our Multi-Device Experience systems, build new APIs, influence change into 10s of Alexa core systems and participate in building long term vision. This role has direct impact on tens of millions of customers and thousands of developers.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
You will work with the engineering team which shapes core of Alexa engine, and builds capabilities that plays a major role in the evolution of Alexa. Your time with us will be impactful, and your vision, creativeness and engineering output adopted by teams across Amazon and beyond.
Our organization has track record of leveraging Alexa-wide capabilities and providing right context and access to leaders of Alexa for the manager to be successful. If you possess above skills, have a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity, you would be successful in this role.
• Architect and develop scalable distributed services
• Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams
• Hire and develop top engineering talent
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against defined schedules and milestones
• Build roadmap and vision, come up with effective prioritization mechanisms.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years experience building production software systems
• 3+ years experience in managing software team
• Experience building scalable infrastructure and distributed systems for high-throughput services
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
• Demonstrated success in peer mentoring and leadership
• Expertise in a variety of programming languages and open-source technologies
• Experience in test driven software development
• Understanding of designing cloud services for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Proven engineering leadership in driving operational excellence
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Track record of project delivery for sizable cross-functional projects
• Exceptional customer impact awareness, appreciation and support focus
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top