Software Development Manager - Mobile Innovation
Come join the Amazon Mobile Shopping team and define, build, and launch new, innovative mobile-app specific features to millions of customers worldwide.
The Feature Innovation team is focused on creating new experiences that re-imagine what shopping on Amazon and on a mobile phone looks like. Our team has previously built shopping features using the phone's camera for visual product recognition and the microphone for enabling Alexa in the Amazon app. We also experiment with new platforms and technologies and released the Amazon app for Apple Watch and Android Wear. As a Software Engineer on the mobile shopping team, you will build customer-facing experiences which will have a huge impact on how customers (and your friends and family) interact with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership, strong engineering mindset, and who want to build something from the ground up. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product.
You will be the leader of multiple teams of mobile engineers and QAE in design, development, test, and deployment of brand-new, mobile-first native, React Native, and HTML features in the Amazon shopping app.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering teams
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Evaluate all relevant mobile development technologies including React Native, Swift, and others
- Contribute substantively to innovation on mobile and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of frameworks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- At least 3 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Experience with any and all of full-native, react native, hybrid, pure-web mobile app development
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top