Software Development Manager (Level 6)
- Palo Alto, CA
Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
We are looking for a seasoned Software Engineering Manager who can lead the Identity Platform and Developer Experience team. The ideal candidate should have strong engineering background with management experience. They should have excellent technical competencies in designing large-scale systems as well as excellent process experience in operating large systems. Operational excellence and long-term design are must-haves!
If you would like to know more about the cool projects that we are working on to redefine the web's authentication CX standard, please let me know. I'll schedule an informational to give you more details and answer all your questions about the team. Coffee (or tea) included!
• 8+ years of experience, with at least 3 years managing development teams
• Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
• Experience in building and leading development of complex software systems
• Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
• Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands, good communication skills
• Ability to manage operations and drive excellence in maintaining and supporting critical systems
• Should have passion for great developer experience so that we can delight partners who integrate with this team's software
Back to top