Software Development Manager III, Amazon Embark
- Arlington, VA
Our team owns Embark a suite of tools for all things related to on-boarding. We're looking for a talented Software Development Manager who's excited to help us improve the new hire experience at Amazon.
Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features, designing the system architecture, and promoting code quality and best practices.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
As an experienced Software Development Manager, you will help drive the expansion of our tools, with a significant opportunity to define next gen on-boarding experience. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 5+ years of experience managing software development projects with aggressive schedules.
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers.
• Experience interacting with Project Managers, Technical Program Managers, and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• A passion for people management and mentoring
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience managing large-scale customer-facing software systems
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience developing long-term strategy and translating that into an achievable roadmap
• Ability to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
• Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Master's in Computer Science or related field
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development life cycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
• Experience developing web-based products and technologies in a cloud based environment, preferably AWS.
Back to top