Software Development Manager III
- Metz, France
Amazon Customer Service Technology/Post-order Automation and Customer Engagement (PACE) technology team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented engineers that deliver cutting edge software and services to influence the experience of millions of Amazon customers. PACE team owns and manages Self Service products that focus on reducing effort for Amazon customers, Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered, automated customer communication channels that help solve customer issues, transactional communication across channels and Smart Routing and prediction frameworks where we use data to pre-empt customer issues, address them pro-actively and dynamically connect them to the best equipped associates.
The SDM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. Along with demonstrable tech chops - you should be able to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions.
You are an ideal candidate if you have a solid track record of hiring and leading teams of software development engineers to design and deploy in an agile manner.
Additionally, the SDM will assist in roadmap planning, staff training and development.
What You'll Do:
• Lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, and testing of the Amazon Customer Service Tech solutions
• Advise and consult with other SDM's and Senior Engineers on design and architecture
• Hire and mentor software engineers and actively participate in their career development
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
• Be a proactive contributor to projects that develop new intellectual property
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7+ years' experience planning, designing, developing and delivering large, highly available applications, with a strong focus on scalability
• 5+ years' experience managing a team in a software development organization that delivered commercial software or software-based services
• 3+ years hands-on experience with Java, Python, or another OO language
• Significant experience with Service Oriented Architecture
• Proven leadership skills and teamwork skills as well as demonstrable experience guiding and mentoring software engineers
• 10 + years' experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software, including highly scalable systems as well as extensive experience with service-oriented architecture
• 7 + years' experience managing, owning technical roadmap, focusing on making strong hires and developing junior engineers.
• 3 + years hands-on experience with Java/Python technologies and associated frameworks
Back to top