We are looking for a leader to build and lead a team in designing, architecting and delivering new products in the HR domain. Is that you? Are you passionate about developing innovative products, able to transform, govern and operationalize state of the art applications? Are you obsessed giving customers what they want, like a high quality, highly usable products? Will you be always on service, be happier when guiding empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges? Are you are passionate about outlining technical vision and moving innovation in your team and the industry forward, then this is the role and an opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. You will look at problems holistically, beyond the borders of your team, and thrive on solutions that require thinking at multiple levels, from strategic to business, tactical to system goals to specific interfaces. You don't shrink from the spotlight, able to coordinate cross-org engagements, field difficult questions, and create positive collaborative outcomes. You are adept at directing engineering and operations, evaluating research and writing documents for a senior leadership audience. You ensure solutions are reliable, scalable, and secure.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people, and influence industry and industry standards. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
At Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team we are building and onboarding exciting new products on Amazon AWS, integrating with Salesforce, Mulesoft, Informatica, Adobe and many other native Amazon platforms across the globe. Team is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to build, develop, manage team and programs, and align customer vision to technical solution, defining program/project strategies. The person will own and manage implementation of applications integrating multiple cross systems and platforms for employee services transactional and services systems at Amazon. The person will make sure customer strategic goals and requirements are delivered by the team with quality, ensuring a scalable, extensible, and maintainable solution with all cross system integrations.
• Hire, manage, mentor and grow a high performance team of Software Engineers
• Manage careers of talented engineers, including making great hiring decisions, setting goals, providing feedback and managing performance
• Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational metrics
• Own strategy planning, prioritization, driving architectural decisions, and end-to-end project delivery
• Work with engineers to define technical requirements and architect and execute best-in-class implementations in agile manner
• Build and maintain world-class customer experience, technical and operational excellence for your deliverable
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Develop best practices to build and operate critical platform services and reusable assets
• Work with business leaders and product managers to define product solutions
• Prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments for engineering deliverables
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 6+ years of experience developing software
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience building and operating large scale, distributed systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and non-technical stakeholders
• Passion for people management, mentorship and developing engineers' careers
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 10+ years of experience developing software
• 5+ years of experience managing people
• Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
• Hands-on, real-life experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience influencing engineering best practices in your organization
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• Ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• AWS Certified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.