Software Development Manager III
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to work on changing the way our customers think about reading non-fiction books on Kindle? Are you interested in showcasing high quality customer experience features? The Amazon Kindle team is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Software Development Manager for the Kindle Non-fiction team. In this position, you will grow our world-class team of software engineers by identifying and hiring top talent to define, drive, and execute on this vision. You will drive the development and delivery of software systems through the entire product life cycle, from prototyping through development and into general availability. You will grow and develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate across disciplines including Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, and SDEs. You will tackle problems that span a variety of domains: customer experience, search, machine learning, and distributed systems.
To know more details, apply for this position and get in touch with us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 10+ years of Software Development experience.
• 7+ years of experience developing and leading engineering teams.
• 7+ years software development experience in object-oriented design.
• Coding experience in Java, C++, or related technologies• Knowledge of emerging platforms, Linux, operating system principles, and programming best practices.
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms
• Familiarity with various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards
• A deep appreciation of scalability issues and high volume data handling
• Experience with cloud architectures that scale horizontally
• Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
• Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to hard problems
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellence in technical communication with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• A strong track record of and passion for delivering complex, engaging customer experiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top