Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team (WWRR&S) at Amazon.com.
WW RR&S is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to 'making zero happen' to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. The mission of WWRR&S is to eliminate defects that cause returns (Zero defects), deliver Zero cost of returns for Amazon, send Zero product waste to landfill, and deliver on Amazon's commitment to deliver on the Climate Pledge (Net Zero Carbon) "the 4 Zeros". We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving unparalleled operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - returns, recommerce, and sustainability.
Amazon WW RR&S is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
As a leader on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, hiring and development of engineering talent, driving operational excellence, and shaping up the solutions to achieve our vision. This is your opportunity to make a big impact and make history in the world of global logistics!
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth's most customer-centric company and through WW RR&S, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team!
• Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business needs
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
• Own all operational metrics and support
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
Candidates for this role must have:
• 6+ years of experience in Software development
• 5+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 10 engineers
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Previous demonstrated project management success on high-volume web-based applications projects
• Deep understanding of system architecture and OO Design and experience with large distributed and online transactional systems
• International experience or knowledge of additional languages is highly desired
Nice to have qualifications:
• Experience in building software based on SOA architecture
• Development in cloud environment.