Software Development Manager - Honeycode (AWS)
- Seattle, WA
Our team is building Amazon Honeycode, a completely new offering within Amazon Web Services (AWS) that will transform industries and change how people work. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
We are looking for a talented Software Development Manager to oversee the Amazon Honeycode Identity team, responsible for all forms of signup, login, and API access within the product. The position requires a strong technical background, customer obsession and solid people management skills to manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. Solid hiring and new hire development skills are also critical. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product. You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, and your experience will raise the bar to create an amazing experience for our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• 7+ years of experience in Back-end Software Development (Java, C++, or .NET)
• 5+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture
• 2+ years of experience with authentication and authorization technologies like SAML, OAuth, OpenID, SSO
• 3+ years people management experience
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through launch of the project
• Experience in applying open-source technologies
• Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience leveraging AWS services like EC2, Lambda, S3, IAM, Cognito, AWS SSO, API Gateway, SQS, DynamoDB
• A strong track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle including: coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top