Software Development Manager for Alexa Video
- Seattle, WA
Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, DirecTV, Hulu, Netflix and more available to Alexa customers. We are building a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have a great opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As the Managing Leader for Software Development, you will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers in design, development and deployment of a range of products on Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing a strong technical understand of system design / computer architecture, excellent project management skills, clear communication skills, and ability to inspire your team to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will also help hire and build your team.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics or Math, etc.)
• 8+ years experience leading people and managing software development teams with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience delivering large, cross-functional projects
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.
• Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top