Software Development Manager, Fire TV
- Sunnyvale, CA
Help re-invent how millions of people watch TV!
Fire TV remains the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the US. As we continue to evolve the customer experiences on our products, we are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to help customers find the content they want to watch.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers focused on features that enable customers to browse and find content within the expansive Fire TV catalog. You will partner with product managers to define and manage a roadmap of features that help improve existing features used by millions of customers, and builds new ones.
A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of industry experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
• Experience building complex, mission critical systems on cloud based infrastructure
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in Machine Learning based recommendation systems
• Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top