Software Development Manager, Fire TV
- Seattle, WA
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player in the U.S., and we are looking for Software Development Manager who will be responsible for a key content discovery and personalization initiative we have yet to launch.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers building personalized content discovery on FireTV. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone with a deep customer focus, as well as a passion for discovery, personalization, feature experimentation in video and entertainment space.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of industry experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
• Experience building complex, mission critical systems on cloud based infrastructure
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in Machine Learning based recommendation systems
• Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top