Software Development Manager - FinTech
- Jersey City, NJ
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech at Amazon is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for the broader finance organization. The Risk, Security and Compliance group at FinTech builds services that are used company wide for compliance assurance, risk management and audit. This group is looking for a software development manager to develop next generation compliance management services that will be used widely across the company by compliance and risk managers and auditors. If you are passionate about building on AWS and of using modern techniques such as serverless application development, large scale event and data processing, machine learning for anomaly detection and automation at scale to drive innovation in the compliance and risk management space, this is the team for you.
Our ideal candidate is customer focused and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
Software Development Managers at Amazon are owners. You will own your team, your roadmap and the end to end customer experience. You will drive engineering and operational excellence in your team and build delightful products for your customers. You will partner with business stakeholders and will strive to earn their trust. You will work directly with your customers and will constantly innovate on their behalf. You will be a great people manager and enjoy working with diverse mindsets.
In this role you will be responsible for creating world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
As a technology leader, you will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation where developers and management alike take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Develop and own product vision, strategy and roadmap.
• Build, manage and lead a team of software engineers.
• Execute projects within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Participate in business reviews with executive leadership and provide status updates.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top