Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon's Finance Technology organization (FinTech) builds and maintains the finance technology platforms and services that enable new business growth, compliance with financial and tax reporting obligations, and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to maximize time spent by Finance teams on high value analysis, reduce the growth of operating expenses, and improve the vendor experience.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of software engineers in our Hyderabad office. Our ideal candidate is customer focused and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
Software Development Managers at Amazon are owners. You will own your team, your roadmap and the end to end customer experience. You will drive engineering and operational excellence in your team and build delightful products for your customers. You will partner with business stakeholders and will strive to earn their trust. You will work directly with your customers and will constantly innovate on their behalf. You will be a great people manager and enjoy working with diverse mindsets.
In this role you will be responsible for creating finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You should insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
As a technology leader, you will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation where developers and management alike take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
• Develop and own product vision, strategy and roadmap.
• Build and manage a team of software engineers.
• Execute projects within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Participate in business reviews with executive leadership and provide status updates.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BS or MS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
• Experience with object-oriented design and languages
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
• Experience supporting Financial Systems is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.