Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
The on-demand delivery model of AWS cloud assumes availability of infinite hyperscale capacity with limited forecasting. With billions of dollars and hundreds of people involved, making the right decision on planning and adding data center capacity can be a daunting task, especially when it needs to be done quickly. Long lead times involving leasing, construction and procurement, complex supply chains, labor-intensive configurations, and a fast-changing environment requiring a hardware refresh every 3 years add to the constraints.
The AWS Supply Chain Management (SCM) team is responsible for building systems to manage inventory, assets, warehouses, product specifications, and orchestration and tracking of multitudes of processes such as ordering, shipment etc. that contribute to seamless provisioning of AWS compute capacity. Efficient management, production and provisioning of the billions of dollars of resources in the rapidly expanding cloud business is essential to ensure AWS continues to offer low cost high reliability capacity to its customers.
We are looking for an experienced development leader to lead a team of software development engineers. You will work closely with product management and other business partners to define strategy and visions, clarify requirements, and lead development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. You will have regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy, requiring strong written communications. You will be a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by leading team to build the solution. Last but not the least; you will have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 9+ years of Software Development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
• Experience with any of the Object Oriented language (C++, Java, Scala)
• Supply Chain Management or Logistics domain experience
• Familiarity with agile methodologies
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Masters in Computer Science
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top