Software Development Manager
Prime Now provides Amazon Prime members unparalleled convenience and ease of mind by offering one-hour, ultra fast delivery as well as two-hour scheduled delivery of tens and thousands of essential products. Check out the Prime Now video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhdgfULOufc
Amazon Prime Now team is seeking a Software Development Manager to lead the innovation in a greenfield initiative on how we communicate with our customers. You will recruit and lead a team of engineers to create a fully owned, full stack application. You will lead the vision of technical design for scalability, stability, and maintainability.
A strong candidate will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, and the development and operation of the product. You are a true owner - you are deeply interested in product design, architecture, and you innovate relentlessly on behalf of our customers.
We have a very flat team structure, and offer an unique opportunity for technical leaders who want to work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and operating products that are used by millions of customers.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in building successful production software systems
- 5+ years of leading software engineering teams
- Knowledge of best practices for software construction, planning, and operations
- Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
- Success in hiring and developing highly effective software engineering teams
- High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top